11.12.2007

More information

CONGRATULATIONS TO UNCLE DENNIS AND LINDA FOR BEING THE FIRST TO GET A CARE PACKAGE TO ME! Another one is being temporarily held hostage in the PC office bc I have to bail it out for $100 pesos, but that´s only 3 dollars, no biggie. I can afford that so far. I don´t know what it is though, I´ll find out soon. Thank you so much!


Okay folks, I got my cell phone today so the mysterious calling situation is now resolved.

1-809-467-5202

When you call, dial it just like a regular long distance call, but it is international and it´s a cell phone, and international rates to cell phones are different than to land lines. If you go to callingcards.com, you can get one to call me that is about $0.10 per minute, which isn´t too bad. The number is over there on the side of the blog and will stay there. The addresses there are still current, since people have been asking me.

Now that I´ve got my site assignment I will be setting up international mail forwarding in Santiago, but that won´t be for a while and even then the peace corps office can recieve mail for me.

Okay, so what´s my plan for the next while?
Tomorrow I meet my project partner and go out to my site. It´s called Bajabonica Arriba or something like that about 15 kilometers from Alta Mira and 30 km from Puerto Plata. I stay until sunday and then have monday and tuesday at the training center. Wednesday we swear in, thursday is thanksgiving, friday is all volunteer conference in the capital and saturday we go out to our sites for good. I still don´t know about my project, really, but i´ll find out.

We did superlatives in our CED group at the end of training in MOca, and go figure, I got voted Mrs. Overachiever and Most LIkely to Marry a Dominican and Bring Him Home. Geesh. You guys all have something in common. I can´t get away from it. Oh well, se la vi. Vamos a ver. hehehe.

Okay, that´s all for now.
More later!
Kira

1 comment:

cgadoua said...

I'm so happy to hear you got your permanent assignment, and it sounds like such a great one!! I'll write you a more detailed e-mail soon.