11.08.2007

BIG NEWS

Hey everyone!

The big news came a bit early!

My permanent site assignment is on the north coast!!! The nearest town on the map is called Alta Mira, and it looks to be about 30 kilometers from Puerta Plata. EXCITING! Ill be working with a group called FONDALESA (or something of the sort) on a cocao project, and ill also work with a microbusiness that makes decorative candles and a womens group in the next campo over. Im really excited. Also, this site is right next door to 27 charcos, the ecotourismish site I have mentioned that is basically a hike up 27 waterfalls and then you jump down into the ponds. It sounds exciting and requires a lifejacket, a helmet and a guide. YAY. The others in my barrio are going to Pedernales, Azua, Salcedo and San Cristobal.

Very cool, so you can start planning your trips. Theres an airport in Puerto Plata but its going to be spendy I think, so compare prices between Santiago and Santo Domingo. Santiago is closer, but Santo Domingo is probably a good bit cheaper. It would mean a couple to a few hours of travel to get up to my site, but the nice thing is that wed be able to day trip to my site and check it out and you would still be able to have a soft bed and hot shower at the end of the night!

Anyways, go me. Ill post again on Monday if I can with my cell phone number and some more information about my site.

XOXO
Kira

No comments: