9.12.2007

The next steps

Ok... So staging is over. It was, well, in a word. Long.

There are 54 people in my group, about 18 in my same sector (Community Econ Dev).
We check out of the hotel at 230 am Thursday (as in 7 hours from now).
We leave for the airport at 330 am.
Our flight is at 715 am.
Our first two days (only one night) will be at some sort of retreat. Then we meet our host families and begin three weeks of training at the training center outside of Santo Domingo. (host family #1)
Weeks 4-8 we are broken up by sector and sent into rural communities in the interior of the country to do hands on technical and more language training. (host family #2)
Around the end of week 8 we find out our sites.
Swearing in (official date of the beginning of my two years): Nov. 21.

Thats all i can think of now and i really have to pee and go to dinner.
I don't know the next time I have internet, so until then, no news is good news, ok? It could be a week or longer... or less... we don't know.

XOXO!
kp

1 comment:

cgadoua said...

I miss you already! Hope your trip to DR was a safe and happy one!