9.03.2007

The countdown is on

I've been keeping a countdown, as I'm sure everyone else in my group is. My flight to DC leaves in 7 sleeps (easier to calculate than "days") and we leave for DR on Thursday, September 13.

What do I have left to do?
  • Take my car to the place to have it cleaned inside and out for storage, so the dust and dirt don't petrify.
  • Go to Kinkos and copy the important medical and etc. records I'm taking with me.
  • Teach my mom how to use my accounts online (she's my power of attorney).
  • Drive to Seattle (where my car and stuff will be stored) and take the train back to Portland.
  • Have a goodbye dinner with the family.
  • See the rest of my local friends before I leave; call out-of-town friends to say goodbye.
  • Pack my bags, making sure I stay within all the various restrictions and requirements.
  • Call and set up my car insurance to be for storage purposes only.
  • Pay the last of the pending bills.
I'm sure there's more, I just haven't had my coffee yet.
Make sure to check out the other blogs listed over on the side of my blog. A bunch of volunteers from my training class have found each other through Facebook and Blogger, which is pretty cool. Hopefully more will turn up before we go. It will be fun to see the people I've been emailing with. I'm really looking forward to this!!! Whoohoo!!!

More later!

No comments: