12.12.2007

Olga

Greetings from Santiago!

Here we are, consolidated in Santiago, waiting out Tropical Storm Olga, or whatever kind of storm it is. After the surprise hit of Noel last month, Peace Corps wasn't taking any chances with the volunteers this time. It's been raining nonstop since Friday last week, and still is. From the sounds of it my site has a few down trees and part of our bridge broke off. When I left yesterday there were rivers running around the community that aren't supposed to be there, and finding a motorcycle to take me out to the road was pretty interesting. It took me about an hour to find one. But here we are, and safe and sound. I talked to my Dona this morning and it sounds like there's a lot of water and some fallen trees and such, but she didn't mention any structural damage. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get back how everything is. Hopefully nothing is too bad.

Anyways, not too much to report other than that. It sounds like weather is pretty crazy across the US too. Hope you all are warm and dry. Take care!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Read about the flooding. Hope you're okay, luv! Miss you!