10.27.2007

10.26.07 The Next Best Thing to Breast Milk

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to get to the internet, so I’m getting a bit of a backlog of entries here… sorry about that. We finally made it to the WiFi zone (WiFi in the DR?!?!) on Tuesday but it was totally a bust. Such is life in the Peace Corps, right? I need to stop complaining.

I have been suspecting for a while now that I was getting infant formula in my diet here, and now I have confirmed that this is the case and figured out where it goes. The brand is Infamil (which I’m pretty sure is what we used to feed Cal!) and it’s extra special because it’s the kind loaded up with extra iron. No worrying that Kira will be anemic here.

So anyway, it comes to me in some sort of hot beverage at breakfast, and tastes a lot like a chai tea. Why are they feeding (and drinking themselves!) me baby formula? And anyway, isn’t that stuff really expensive?

Actually, I don’t mind the drink itself, it’s pretty tasty… full of cinnamon and nutmeg and such, but formula???

No comments: