10.27.2007

10.22.07 Book Lists

Hi all,
Thanks so much for being willing to send me some reading materials. Lots of people heard my plea for books and wanted to know some specific requests, and although it took me a couple weeks to do it, I’ve compiled a list of suggestions from fellow volunteers. It was hard because the authors I know I’ve already read a bunch of books and don’t remember which ones, and authors I don’t know, I don’t know, so I can’t really request them J. Anyway, here’s the list of suggestions:

Tom Robbins:
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Skinny Legs and All
Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates
Still Life of a Woodpecker

David James Duncan:
The Brothers K
The River Y

Other authors who we didn’t know the names:
The Time Traveler’s Life
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter

Thanks again for the great e-mails of encouragement and news from home. I know I’ve been sending out a lot of requests… None of them are urgent so please don’t feel obligated or otherwise stressed J.

On another note… One of the girls in my family (she doesn’t live here but is always over) who most certainly knows my name has decided today that she is going to call me “Americana.” … As Charley (one of the volunteers in my barrio) pointed out, selective hearing is a wonderful thing.

Okay, I think I get to get on the internet tomorrow and hopefully it will work out the way we are planning (free WiFi, three computers to share between five people instead of the normal one computer to share among all five of us) and I’ll be able to respond to a few emails without the week and a half lag.

I miss you all!!!
Stay tuned!

No comments: